We care about the furry residents and visitors of our city as well!
The Azusa Police Department uses the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control (626-962-3577) for all animal services. This is a 7 day a week service which is located in Baldwin Park, 10 miles closer than our previous service. They provide low cost vaccinations and microchip placement on pets. The Baldwin Park location also has a new state of the art spay/neuter clinic for the convenience of the cities they serve. The LACDAC provides the following services as well:
- Capturing loose animals that present threats to public safety and other lost pets that need assistance in finding their way home.
- Providing compassionate medical care to lost animals that are injured or ill.
- Providing safe refuge and animal care for more than 90,000 animals each year.
- Reuniting lost pets with their families Adopting animals into new, loving homes by participating in creative and innovative off-site adoption events.
- Inspecting various animal related businesses.
- Investigating and resolving complaints of animal abuse or neglect through education, intervention, and law enforcement.
- Educating schoolchildren about pet care and safety around animals.
- Licensing dogs and cats to ensure rabies vaccination compliance and a healthy pet population.
- Conducting low cost vaccination clinics, making pet disease prevention available to all residents.
- Responding to natural disasters such as earth-quakes and fires, providing evacuation services for domestic animals and livestock.
Contact Animal Care and Control
LA County Department of Animal Care & Control
4275 N. Elton St.
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Visit our website from a desk or laptop computer to view frequently asked questions about animals.