Animal Concerns

We care about the furry residents and visitors of our city as well!

The Azusa Police Department uses the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control (626-962-3577) for all animal services. This is a 7 day a week service which is located in Baldwin Park, 10 miles closer than our previous service. They provide low-cost vaccinations and microchip placement on pets. The Baldwin Park location also has a new state of the art spay/neuter clinic for the convenience of the cities they serve. The LACDAC provides the following services as well:

  • Capturing loose animals that present threats to public safety and other lost pets that need assistance in finding their way home.
  • Providing compassionate medical care to lost animals that are injured or ill.
  • Providing safe refuge and animal care for more than 90,000 animals each year.
  • Reuniting lost pets with their families Adopting animals into new, loving homes by participating in creative and innovative off-site adoption events.
  • Inspecting various animal-related businesses.
  • Investigating and resolving complaints of animal abuse or neglect through education, intervention, and law enforcement.
  • Educating schoolchildren about pet care and safety around animals.
  • Licensing dogs and cats to ensure rabies vaccination compliance and a healthy pet population.
  • Conducting low-cost vaccination clinics, making pet disease prevention available to all residents.
  • Responding to natural disasters such as earthquakes and fires, providing evacuation services for domestic animals and livestock.

Contact Animal Care and Control

LA County Department of Animal Care & Control
4275 N. Elton St.
Baldwin Park, CA  91706
(626) 962-3577

Visit The LADACC Website

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to popular questions below. If you don't see your question, ask it in our forum.

How Do I Get A Pet License?

Animal licenses may also be purchased by completing the license application form and mailing it, along with the license fee payment, proof of rabies vaccination and proof of sterilization, to the address on the application. You may purchase a designer tag by completing this additional form and submitting it with the license application. Designer tags contain your personal contact information on the reverse side of the official license and cost an additional $15. Designer tag sale proceeds are used to enhance animal care at our shelters .

pdfDownload the Pet License Form here

How Much Is A Pet License?

Dog License Options

  • One year license for spayed / neutered dogs is $20 ($7.50 for seniors)
  • One year license for unaltered dogs is $60
  • Microchip* is $25.00
  • Licensing your dog is mandatory

Cat License Options

  • One year 1 license for spayed / neutered cats is $5 ($7.50 for seniors)
  • One year license for unaltered cats is $10.00
  • Microchip* is $25.00
  • Cat licensing is voluntary

*The microchip is a miniature transponder about the size of a grain of rice inserted under the skin of the pet between the shoulder blades

**Licenses are valid for one year and expire on the anniversary date of issuance. Delinquency charges apply after 10 days.


What Can I Do About A Barking Dog?

Quit barking, I'm trying to sleep!

barkingdogUnfortunately, some animals continually bark, and cause a nuisance for others in the community.  If you have an animal in your neighborhood which is creating a disturbance, you can call the non-emergency line of the Azusa Police Department at (626) 812-3200, and speak to a dispatcher.  If you elect to have an officer respond to the animal's residence, the officer can do the following:

  • Attempt to gain compliance through a courtesy warning
  • Issue a citation for violation of section 46-410(6) of the Azusa Municipal Code.
  • Notify the LACDAC for possible impound of the animal

What is 46-410(6) AMC?

This municipal section specifically states:

"No person shall keep, maintain or permit upon any lot or parcel of land under his control any dog, animal or fowl which by any sound, bark or cry disturbs the peace or comfort of the neighboring inhabitants or interferes with any person for the reasonable and comfortable enjoyment of life and property."


Where Is The Local Animal Shelter Located?

The local shelter of the Los Angeles County Department Of Animal Care & Control is located at:

4275 N. Elton
Baldwin Park, CA 91706 
(626) 962-3577 

Monday – Thursday: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM 
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Closed Holidays

I Have A Question About Bears, Coyotes And Other Wildlife. Where Do I Go?

If you have a question about the wildlife from the neighboring San Gabriel Mountains, visit our wildlife information page 

More Info...


"Professional Service To A Proud Community"